Friday, August 1, 2008

Here It Is August.....

I haven't even been fishing in the pond yet. The summer is just flying. I go back to the doctor Monday morning for a recheck on my carpal tunnel surgery. Hopefully he says everything is fine and allow me to do a little more. I haven't been able to pick up Caleb for two weeks. Someone can set him on my lap and I can hold him......but Grandma here wants to play and and change diapers and all that good stuff. There hasn't been a lot of holding back with Andrew and Sammi, since they are big enough to pretty well do things on their own. I am going to do some scrapbooking tomorrow, if something else doesn't come up.

Relay for life is this weekend in Dexter. A group of boys from here (my nephew Dylan included) have formed the VanGennip team in memory of Darlene VanGennip. They are all in high school and throughout the year have raised $5000.00 for cancer research. Two boys on the team, David and Darrin's mom lost her battle with breast cancer a few years ago. But Darlene lives through these boys. We sure do miss her. She's an amazing woman.. Hopefully I can get some pictures of the boys and post them next week. The boys are going to walk the first lap tonight with their school nurse, Ms Debbie, who is currently going through treatments for cancer. Remember them all in your prayers.

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

THanks for coming by my blog! Midwest??? NE? possibly? I'm near Fremont NE.

Melissa Lester said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you get a good report on your surgery. We creative types need free use of our hands for scrapbooking, crafting and blogging! And I know you can't wait to pick up that grandbaby again. What a sweet grandmother you are to want to change diapers and do the other tasks that many grandmothers want to skip!

 
Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard2_1.php?sid=54488-89-BFBDA10E10E93370C804FB4941956131##ixzz0gZc8oQ8g